Local Mac Store v. Online Purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by webella, Jan 11, 2009.

1. webella macrumors newbie

Is there any advantages to buying local at an Apple store or reseller than the deals on line? Especially if there's an issue with the new purchase?

Does anyone have any best places (online) for purchases?

Many thanks for your help~

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you want to customize your configuration (hard drive, RAM, etc.), you have to order online. Otherwise, you can buy standard configurations anywhere.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Online Retailers like Amazon and the Apple Online Store offer slightly better service then some other online retailers, however the prices are usually not as good. MacMall tends to have the lowest prices and is legitimate; however you can find numerous threads of people complaining about service and then those supporting MacMall. I personally have had nothing but great products and service from MacMall and cannot complain.

Obviously the largest thing the online retailers will offer is a nice price discount as well as likely avoiding tax.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I like going to the Apple store. If I need to exchange something I can go back and have it exchange in a day. Online is cool, but it there is a problem, you have to send it back and wait.

5. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

Other than testing out the goods and getting advice, there is no advantage. Order it online to save some money!