Local Reaction to iPhone G3...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nilo36, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Nilo36 macrumors newbie

As I borded my bus this morning, I noticed the local Wireless Toyz store had this banner posted:

"Blackberry and All Smartphones: $29.99!!!"

The first iPhone increased shares of these other companies b/c the iPhone raised interest in the smartphone...are other smart phones done now (will all smartphones be Apple now?) or can they find a way to hold on?

2. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Google...Android...OS

3. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

It has to be said...

I haven't heard of the iPhone G3... is this the new item being released next Tuesday?

Sorry...

I don't think its the end of other smartphones. I just think that there will be more pressure to make newer smartphones better, which is what has been happening continually.

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

When I told Vodafone I was leaving them yesterday they offerred me some Samsung phone that was "easily as good as the iPhone, if not better".

How I laughed

5. Nilo36 thread starter macrumors newbie

Whoops...

...my appologies to the spelling police!

6. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

No Apple have ended PPC production and are releasing iPhoneCore2Duo

7. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

shame on you for your spelling errors! good thing the spelling police busted you!

you do realize they go through extensive training to get certified on being the authoritative representitive in internet forum spelling errors, right? respect his AUTHORITI* !!

* - for spelling police....this was meant to be spelt with an "I" rather than a "Y" (south park reference).

8. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Hooray! I got promoted! This was my first bust, it was a happy moment! I'd like to dedicate this to...

*gets off his soapbox*
    (and thanks Cartman)

Part of it too was that G3 is an Apple chip, you know... Since 4G is the next big cellular technology, maybe Apple will call their next iPhone the G4 just to really goad the older Apple community...

9. Nilo36 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do admit...

...there is a big difference between G3 and 3G...this was a admirable bust and I accept the charges and consequences that come with this charge.

10. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Thank you! And now, maybe we can turn the iPhone G3/G4 into the new MacRumors recurring joke...

iPhone G4 next Tuesday anyone?