Local SHSH backup to Cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jcmeyer5, Jul 4, 2010.

1. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

Hello-

I have my 3.1.3 SHSH backed up locally via Umbrella. I would simply like to get them on Cydia. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Jim

2. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

3. jcmeyer5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I thought so too, but I am not seeing it. Best I can tell, it acts as an interface with Cydia, but Cydia still makes the SHSH request itself. I tried looking for a "email your SHSH here to include them," but I havent found it.

Unless I am missing something, I dont think it will take "historical" SHSH (ones that are no longer signed, but that you have locally backed up) and feed those to Cydia. I could be wrong... so please, talk slowly and use small words :)

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Checkmark advanced settings, select Cydia in drop down menu

5. jcmeyer5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried that... here is what I get...

"This device isnt eligible for the requested build."

So basically, I think it is saying "you are trying to do 3.1.3, which isnt signed anymore. goodbye."

Back in April, I ran Umbrella and retrieved the SHSH for this phone on 3.1.3 and kept them locally (which was out when I got the phone, so I had no chance to get 3.1.2). At this point, I am guessing I cant get them on Cydia.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sorry, apparently my brain wasn't engaged when I read this, you are correct, nothing to manupulate 3.1.3 hashes can be done any longer. But having them on your compter is all you really need.

7. jcmeyer5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, thank. No clue why I would want to go back... So long as wife has her phone on 313, we will always have a Internet tether. Still, nice to know I can.

8. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

MyFi does work on jailbroken iOS4. It works fine.