Local Snapshots

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sdreed91, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

I have done everything I can with the info I have found to disable and remove TM local snapshots. I have decided that I am just going to give up fighting the snapshots as everything I have done has failed. Has anyone else had any problems with removing the storage hungry snapshots? Or should I just accept the feature and let it take my SSD space?

2. warvanov macrumors 6502a

I don't know. I don't think you can really change the behavior of time machine too much. Maybe you can consider connecting to your time machine drive more often so that the local backups are cleared out more often. Either that or come up with a different backup strategy.

3. Sdreed91 thread starter macrumors 6502

connecting to the external drive i use has not made any difference. the backups do not sink with my external when plugged in. The only thing i have noticed is that when i use sudo.. disbalelocal the 33gbs are marked as backups, yet when I use sudo.. enablelocal they 33gbs are marked as other? I just want to free up tht space and it is becoming very tricky. In time machine the local snapshots are gone but the 33gbs remain occupied