Localisation in Apple Music is driving me insane

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by C64, Jul 4, 2015.

1. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

No, Apple. If you don't live in the US, it doesn't mean you automatically like music from your own country/language. The same goes for search suggestions and results, "For You" suggestions, radio stations, hot, new, top, recent, whatever songs, etc.

Apart from the many, many problems I have with Apple Music so far, this one is pretty terrible and makes the whole discovery aspect a dreadful experience.

2. MentalFloss macrumors 6502a

MentalFloss

Well, I made sure that during the music selection process, I removed everything German from the suggestions (I am really not a fan of any German music whatsoever, especially contemporary stuff). So since then, the suggestions related to German artists have been very unobtrusive - I think only once, a suggestion for a German artist appeared in "For You". The "New" tab contains a lot of German stuff, but I can ignore that, as I ignore that tab more or less in any case.

What bothers me more is that in terms of non-US/non-German content, Apple Music is where the iTunes Store was many years ago. For example the selection of japanese music in the German iTunes Store has become really quite good recently. But the selection in Apple Music is dreadfully bad.