iPhone 8(+) Localytics: iPhone 8 activations up year-over-year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adelphos33, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

2. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I had one until the XR came out. It was a great phone. Fast and sturdy plus Touch ID.

3. 1rottenapple macrumors 68020

1rottenapple

Well that is starting to show that people who want to upgrade are only willing to pay sub 600 dollar right? So those people will likely keep their phones another 3-4 yrs and upgrade to an Xs in 2022. Therefore the majority of people (who likely don’t visit forums) don’t care about hdr, oled, Face ID. I think they just want a good phone that serves their needs. The 8 is good enough.

4. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

I bought a 8 plus 2 weeks ago.
    Touch ID is so quick, screen has no notch and looks great, and the taptic feedback home button works flawlessly.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It’s really simple, look where Apples marketing is right now, it’s all about the XR, and the iPhone 8 is _not_ what Apple wants others to upgrade to, they want their latest iPhones with the XR/XS to be the top sellers . It’s been said many times, long-term, the XR will do very well, because it’s way more affordable than the XS.

6. PeteS1963 macrumors 6502

I also have a feeling that a lot of people are no longer rushing to buy an iPhone on launch day. If you plan to keep your phone for longer it really doesn’t matter if you wait a few months in order to make a decision. The added time also allows people to hunt around for a good deal.

For example, here in the UK Black Friday has only been a thing for the last few years. My wife waited until Black Friday and got a really good deal. Much better than the price I paid by rushing to buy on the day the phone was released. Although the demand for her deal was so great she had to wait almost 2 weeks before her phone was delivered.

7. gary77 macrumors member

I got my iPhone 8 during the Black Friday event i waited on purpose so save more. I had no interest in going for an X/XR/XS since the 8 largely offers the same features (wireless charging/fast charging) if i want those down the line. No regrets buying the phone.