Locate lost iPhone without MobileMe??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MBX, Mar 31, 2011.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Hi there

A friend of mine lost her iPhone4 at the airport but didn't have the mobileme set up.

Is there another way to locate this lost iPhone remotely? Is there a contact at Apple that has the ability to spot it via the serial nr. or telephone nr.?

Any idea?
    Thanks!

2. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I've never heard of anyone tracking their phone down once it's lost. Mine was stolen last year and I didn't have mobile me either. Hard loss.

3. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I'd say no. And there is a high chance that your sim has been removed so no phone number tracking there.

Sorry....

4. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Yes, there is a way to track a lost iPhone without MobileMe. You just have to have connections with one of the cell phone company's engineers or tech support. Those hardcoded IMEI serial numbers are not there just for geek lulz. Of course, the cell phone company would prefer you just bend over and pay $600. Much more profit for them that way.

5. wpotere Guest

You are right, there is, but they won't do it for him and as you mentioned you have to have a "buddy" that works in the company that the phone is married to. Bottom line... The phone is gone.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Ah...Another thread from SomeDude...Not Thinking....... :D

It is gone....don't even think about it. Otherwise, you will not be happy. Just buy a new Iphone and move on with your life.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, some more bs from somedude acting like he knows anything...
    Like the phone company is gonna make money if you buy another iPhone for $600.