LocateMe

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nipz, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Hi all

as i have a unlocked 1.1.3 phone the google maps location thing doesnt work so im using LocateMe off installer.app, however it gives my location as 4 miles away from where i really am!?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Have you tried using the google maps location feature right after using locateme? I'm using a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone (not unlocked though) and it works fine for me after I run locateme once. Each time I restart the phone I have to run it again though.

3. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

i had that before but never worked!

just tried now and google maps works perfect... even tells me where i truly am!

thanks SheepNutz!

4. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

My locateMe through GMaps is always off by about 0.5-1km. I used this before on BlackBerry and it was way more accurate. weird. I wonder if it's because my baseband is still 1.1.2's.

5. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

^^ Is there any way to have a 1.1.3jb with the 1.1.3 baseband? The current update method keeps your 1.1.2 baseband.

6. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

As far as I know, there isn't one yet. And I'm not upgrading the baseband until there's a proven method that won't break my StealthSIM hack. 1.1.3 is working decently reliable for me at the moment, so I'm not about to screw it up.

I was cleaning the drive yesterday, and something happened in there that caused half my icons to disappear. I had no choice but to redo 1.1.1 > 1.1.3 journey all over again. It took me about 2 hours to redo the hacks. :(

7. tajinder2001 macrumors newbie

ive tried to install this and it installs but it does not show up on the springboard or whatever its called.