Locating CD on Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jxcobra, Jul 14, 2007.

1. jxcobra macrumors newbie

Whenever I have Windows XP and Mac OS X open at the same time on my MB only Windows will recognize a CD. For example, if I am running both op systems and I insert a Music CD to be imported to iTunes I will be able to locate the CD in the Windows Drive, but no display appears under OS. Is there any way to solve or get around this problem, such as a way to locate the CD on iTunes in OS? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

VMware (and maybe Parallels) will capture any CDs you insert. To give control back to OS X, go to Virtual Machine > CD/DVD > Disconnect CD/DVD (you can also do this from the CD icon in the status bar). The steps should be similar in Parallels.

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

well, um, but I think the CD will just show up on your desktop. YOu can import, listen, burn from there or through any mac program...maybe I am not getting your question.

4. jxcobra thread starter macrumors newbie

How to I access Virtual Machine in order to give OS control? This is a pretty newbie question but where is the status bar?

To Flyfish: What I mean is whenever I have Windows open with Parallel OS does not recognize CDs I insert. AKA the CD does not appear in desktop or iTunes on OS X.