Locating finder in all spaces

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacAodh, Nov 9, 2007.

1. MacAodh macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I've been using leopard for a while now and i quite like some of the features, spaces being one of them. I have all my college work in one, internet in another, Im's in another again and ical and address book in the forth. As every one knows if you apple-tab to an application you will automatically be brought to the space which contains that app (such as the forth for Skype in my case) unless you have set that application to be in all spaces. The problem is that finder isn't strictly an app and therefore i can't set it to be in all spaces. This is infuriating for me as every time i want to open a keynote presentation i normally use finder rather then file-open. If i have an active finder window in another space i will be brought to that space rather then just being able to open a new one in that space.

Does anyone know how to solve this or does this annoy anyone else other then me? Thanks a million

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

from within the Spaces control panel, click the application assignment button (+), browse to /System/Library/CoreServices/ , select the Finder from there, and set the pop-up Space assignment to Every Space.

3. HTrig macrumors member

The way ive been doing it is to simply open several finder windows and simply drag them accross to a different space bypulling the window to the side of the screen. Im not sure if this is the best way and it certainly would take a while if there were many spaces but it works.

Also im not sure as im not at my mac atm but would it work to just click in the desktop and press command-n?

4. MacAodh thread starter macrumors regular

WO HO!!!!! I've got finder in multiple spaces!!! Thank you, you have no idea how much that annoyed me. Was actually about to stop using spaces simply due to that and that alone