Locating transferred files?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FrozenPanda, Jul 17, 2011.

1. FrozenPanda macrumors newbie

My aunt just my sister and I each a new Macbook Pro for graduation, so we're very new at this. We shared an iTunes on a different computer, and my sister took the agonizing time and effort to transfer the music files from PC to Mac using a 2GB flash drive. Being the lazy twin, I just paid her to let me transfer her Music folder to my computer using the Migration Assistant and an ethernet cable.
    So uhhhh... Where do I find it?
    I know it transferred and I selected the correct option, I went to User profiles and under her name I found her music, and it said 9.6 GB by it. Perfect. It took several minutes to transfer, and neither of us cancelled the process or anything. The thing is that when I did the transfer, I know where I was taking it from, but it didn't give me any option for where it's going, so now I can't find it! D;
    I'd really rather not have 9.6GB of data used up and just floating around in my computer, although I doubt I'll need it anytime soon with how much memory this computer already has. I just want to transfer that to my iTunes.
    And yes, I checked my own Music folder. It only contains the favorite CDs I initially downloaded in excitement.

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Open up a finder window, search the mac, and type the name of the file of one of your songs. If it's on the computer, it should show up. Right click and I'm guessing there would be an option to find the file on the computer.

Was her library 9.6 gigs before the transfer? The same as the old computer?

If not, then your music is probably in there.