Location based reminders disappear?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by gottafly, Sep 27, 2012.

1. gottafly macrumors regular

Unless I'm missing something, have Location based reminders disappeared?

I never used them on my iPhone 4S because of terrible effect on battery, but since I'm having such great battery life with the iPhone 5 I thought I would try location based reminders again, but I can't find it!

2. PrometheusGeek macrumors regular

It's there on my 4S, running iOS 6. Click + to create a new reminder, name it, then click the > on the right-hand side to specify options, including location. Or, use Siri to create the reminder. ("Remind me to call Bill when I get home")...

3. gottafly thread starter macrumors regular

I was referring to the toggle in settings that allowed the user to turn it off. Nothing there, I guess it's permanently on?

4. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

There should be a toggle for "Reminders" under Privacy->Location Services in Settings. Maybe you have to use it once first before it shows up in Settings.

5. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Hrmm... I was wondering about this the other day too. I was able to create a reminder in iOS 6 but it never went off when it was supposed to.

6. gottafly thread starter macrumors regular

I think you hit the nail on the head. The toggle definitely was not there, so yesterday I just decided to use Siri to create a location based reminder. She told me that it needs to be set up in settings first and provided a link to settings....and the toggle appeared.

Thanks Ding Dong!

7. matttye macrumors 601

I tried a "when I get home" reminder and it worked perfectly, but when I tried a "when I leave here" reminder it didn't pop up. I think I probably just didn't walk far enough though, only went to the car park around the corner from my office and I deleted it before I got in my car.