Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Just a quick question, is this working for anyone?

I had to turn Reminders on for Background App Refresh and have Reminders running in the background for it to work on the betas.. I tried it this morning without it running in the background and it didn't work.

Has anyone had any success with this yet, or is it too early to ask?

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
No one else experiencing issues? It worked for me once in the betas, but haven't had any luck with the GM.

s.horsfield

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
New Zealand
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Can't believe it's still not working in the GM..

In my case it's never been working in the Beta's (at least from the couple times I've tried) even with Background App Refresh on and Reminders showing up. I've had to have it running for anything to work (I discovered this in the GM).

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
In my case it's never been working in the Beta's (at least from the couple times I've tried) even with Background App Refresh on and Reminders showing up. I've had to have it running for anything to work (I discovered this in the GM).

Yep, I noticed the location icon once when I had reminders running in the background. I can't believe these lost their old functionality.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Not working here as well. The notification just doesn't go off. iPhone 5, 7 GM clean restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.