location based tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Philmyboots, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Philmyboots, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

Philmyboots macrumors member

is there a way i can get my phone to turn on bluetooth when i leave work or turn on wifi when i get home?

i can use location based reminders but not loaction based commands.

thanks

2. Philmyboots thread starter macrumors member

3. coffeetable macrumors newbie

aTimeTool - lets you schedule when you would like certain services to be turned on and off.

SBSchedule - same as above but might not be fully working with newer iOS.

Auto3G - automatically turns 3G service off while phone is locked

Auto Location - automatically turns location service on when opening an app that requests it (e.g. GPS apps)

There is another app that will work like the first two apps I mentioned which will let you customize what services to turn off while the phone is locked and to turn back on when unlocking it but I forgot the name.

4. Philmyboots thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for those suggestions but I was looking for something that works when the gps detects I come home or arrive at work

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

This would be a handy tweak. I often leave my office and hit the road.. it would be nice if wifi would automatically detect my departure and shut off, so I don't get the annoying "Please log in" screens with everybody's hotspots while driving around town.. of course I can turn off manually I use NCSettings. But inevitably I forget until one of these stupid logins pops up on my screen. I'd pay for it..;)

6. ender21 macrumors 6502

I'd love to see this too.

When I get home, turn off 3G and fire up the wifi. When I get to work then do the opposite. If I go to any gps location that's not a designated preset, execute some other customized group of commands. Kind of like a gps-based sbschedule.