Location change

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

This seems like a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure this out yet... When you download a weather widget (for a theme for instance), how do you change the location to reflect where you're at?

Thanks.

2. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

...All these weather widgets and nobody knows how to change the location? :)

Thanks in advance!

3. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Depends on the weather widget.

They all have some config file that you can fiddle around with. There is usually some read me documentation in the .theme folder. SSH in and read it.

4. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Thanks! I'll get into it and see what I can figure out. Appreciate the point in the right direction.

5. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

It's usually the configMe.js file if its like the popular generic weather widgets, which you can edit in TextEdit.

They're all based off the same .js script, so the original creator has left notes in it stating where to input your location.

Check every folder, cause I know the fist one I dealt with had 3 total which required them all to be edited the same.

6. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Got it - thanks everyone! It was in weather-config.js - the instructions said that it needed a place name ("City, State"), but it actually took a zip code. *shrug*. Anyway - thanks again.