location faker?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i hate phones, Aug 10, 2010.

1. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

is there an app that will fake your location that is working on iphone 4? i tried fakelocation and it seemed to initially work but after i set a location...if i go back in the app is just a blank white screen and unresponsive. my springboard also crashed once since installing it. so i uninstalled.

i'm looking to get around the blackout restrictions on mlb tv.

thanks!

2. nobias macrumors regular

Most apps that don't let you stream TV/Music do it by IP address not GPS which is what you are doing.
    You need to use a VPN or proxy.

3. smeg36 macrumors regular

I'm using fake location on my iPhone 4 with zero problems. It gets me around the MLB.tv blackouts.

4. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm maybe cause i'm using the trial? have you bought it? after i set my fake location i can't get back into the app without uninstalling and reinstalling. its like everything is grayed out. can't change the apps that use fake location nor can i change fake location.

i have it working right now... the first location i picked for somereason was blacked out. now i'm in "scotland" and it works, ha. but i still can't get back into the app.

5. smeg36 macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm using the full version. I think I remember the trial version had some limitations.

6. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

cool, thanks. maybe i'll give the full version a shot.

7. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I have seen to get better results with location spoofer than with fake location when using it to get around the MLB restriction.

8. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

does location spoofer work on iphone 4?

9. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

YEs it does, that is what I use on it for MLB... It also works well on the iPad...

There is no way I was gonna pay $135 to watch other teams and not mine!!!

10. xqyty macrumors newbie

You can try LocationHolic. It's a new tweak and more usable.

11. sblssls macrumors newbie

I also used LocationHolic. You can search it in Cydia. It works great on iOS 5.

12. pengjie macrumors newbie

Have u jailbroken your ios5 device yet?Did it work fine with "find my friend"?

Thanks!