Location Icon - Arrow

wfj5444

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Anyone else noticed their Location Services Icon in the status bar stays on all the time?

Is this a known bug? I have checked and nothing is using Location Services at that time.

Thoughts?

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
Anyone else noticed their Location Services Icon in the status bar stays on all the time?

Is this a known bug? I have checked and nothing is using Location Services at that time.

Thoughts?
Mine is on (outline arrow) but I have a location-based reminder set. As the post right above mentioned it is possible to figure out which app is doing it.

wfj5444

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Go to location services > system services and see if anything is on.
Not to be difficult, but as I mentioned I checked and nothing is using location services, per 'settings->privacy->location services'

All are grey or off. Grey meaning has been used in the last 24 hours.

VSMacOne

macrumors 601
Oct 18, 2008
Not to be difficult, but as I mentioned I checked and nothing is using location services, per 'settings->privacy->location services'

All are grey or off. Grey meaning has been used in the last 24 hours.
When you to to Location Services screen, scroll all the way to the bottom and tap System Services (if you're not looking for it you won't know it's there).

Also, mine was doing the same thing. I noticed that Setting Time Zone was causing the location Arrow to stay on in the status bar. I don't know If that's a big because I updated from iOS 5 instead of doing a fresh install.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339761710.258367.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339761726.765001.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.