Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Husky1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
rome
where is the microphone on the 4s used with the "voice memo" app?
does it has 2 mics? I'd like to know how it's best orientating the phone to the source of sound (professor at lecture) for a better quality

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It has two microphones. The primary one is in one of the holes at the bottom often mistaken for a speaker hole. The secondary is at the top next to the headphone port and it typically only used during a telephone call and Siri.

Husky1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
rome
It has two microphones. The primary one is in one of the holes at the bottom often mistaken for a speaker hole. The secondary is at the top next to the headphone port and it typically only used during a telephone call and Siri.

so the best position will be pointing the bottom of the phone at the professor...

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I used to tape my professors too. Then having done it a couple of times, and him sounding like coming from the end of a tunnel I decided to pay extra attention in class rather than having to listen to that "tunnel" voice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.