location of screenshots?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bndoarn, Jan 19, 2009.

1. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

if I took a screenshot on my iPod Touch using the apple method (pressing home and sleep/wake at the same time) then used ssh to view the files on my iPod, where would I find the screenshots?

2. Gyrferret macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Wouldn't it just be easier to connect your iPod to you computer and wait for it to be recognized as a "camera", then transfer the images over?

3. bndoarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes that would be easier but I'm not tryng to transfer images, i'm trying to do something else and to try it I need to know the location of the screenshots.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Get Diskaid: http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

Switch to "Media Folder"

Screenshots are in the DCIM directory, in either the 100APPLE or 999APPLE folder.

5. bndoarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks, what i was trying to do is save files in the screenshots folder (like html versions of webpages or webapps) and go to safari and type in the location and see if it would open so you wouldn't have to have an internet connection. i know it works on the psp so i was just seeing if it would work on the iPod Touch but safari doesn't let you open local files.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Isn't there an app you can get through Cydia that lets Safari browse local files? I haven't tried it myself but I remember seeing one in there. I imagine you would find it if you search for "safari" in Cydia.

Also, most of the file storage apps available from the App Store allow you to view html files that you copy onto the iPod through them. I never did find one that I liked, but one of them might work for you.

Also, Instapaper or one of the ebook readers might suit your needs too, if you just want to read the text and can do w/o the graphics.