Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Okay I want custom SMS tones. I know how to do it for the regular iphone tones and it has worked, but i use TextNow for my texts cause im not giving ATT another 30 a month for something that should be included with the data plan. When I change for example the tri tone on the iphone it changes the sound, but does not effect the tritone in TextNow, it has to be a separate file. Any idea where I might find the location of the TextNow tones or another forum to ask?

Thanks

EDIT
NVM I FOUND THEM!!!!!

If anyone has textnow and would like to know where I found them just ask, other wise mods can close this if they want

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Okay I want custom SMS tones. I know how to do it for the regular iphone tones and it has worked, but i use TextNow for my texts cause im not giving ATT another 30 a month for something that should be included with the data plan. When I change for example the tri tone on the iphone it changes the sound, but does not effect the tritone in TextNow, it has to be a separate file. Any idea where I might find the location of the TextNow tones or another forum to ask?

Thanks

EDIT
NVM I FOUND THEM!!!!!

If anyone has textnow and would like to know where I found them just ask, other wise mods can close this if they want

Don't need it, too easy to just change the .caf files via SSH.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Just wondering, where is it located?

SSH into your phone

Click on
USER-> Applications (now you'll see a bunch of folders with numbers and letters in it; it may be different depending on your iphone, but my textnow folder is) -> BC854AB6 (and a lot more in the folder name, but thats how my folder starts; if you click on the right one you should see a folders like "UnlimitedSMS.app") -> UnlimitedSMS.app

You may have to trial and error if folders are different based on iphone

Once you click on unlimitedSMS you'll see a bunch of .caf files, those are your audio tunes there...to change those, if you are not sure look it up on google/youtube.

Hope this helps finding it, if you need anymore help finding them let me know.

Also for some reason all my textnow ringtones were not listed in this folder, oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.