Location problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ayeshen, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Ayeshen macrumors newbie

Can someone help me , im experiencing location problems with my ipod touch 4, i tried to reset it but still nothing , ios version 5.1.1

2. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Hi, welcome to the forums. Could you let us know more about what exactly the issue is? The more detailed your description the better the change you would get a detailed response in return. :)

3. Ayeshen thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually , i try to check in on facebook, i says cannot be determined , even my local weather says nothing , and when i try yo find my location on maps it says cannot be determined

4. ankurshr macrumors newbie

5. Ayeshen thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes , do you think its because ios 6 is coming and because they are adding more countries to it?

6. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

As ankurshr suggested, if you haven't turned on location services, on your iPod, go to Settings > Location Services and make sure that you have the slider under Facebook put to ON.

Edit: Ah, sorry Ayeshen just saw your reply above. :)

Hmm - I was just able to check in to a nearby place, so it is not a global issue.

7. Ayeshen thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that , it doesnt work for everything like asphalt or twitter and every apps i have?

8. AT101ET macrumors 6502

Try updating your software or just reinstalling it on your iPod. It may mean you'd need to do a reset. Not guaranteed to work, but may just do the trick.