iPhone Location Services Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MyPalVikram, Jul 7, 2014.

1. MyPalVikram macrumors member

So I turned off location services in beta 3 just so I can have longer battery life. Then when using an app that sometimes uses location I got the message telling me to go to settings to change it or cancel.

But, for some reason you can't dismiss this at all no matter what you press or even lock the screen.

Just a heads up for everyone else that disables location services like me. Holding down lock and home to reset was the only way to remove this.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

theScore works just fine for me and I have location turned off. Try deleting and re-installing.

3. rssfed23 macrumors member

I've still got a location services bug in B3 that I had in B2:

When disabling location services completely and going to the "find friends" app: Even though it has "location services disabled" in red at the bottom my family/friends can still track my location just fine!!
    Some other apps (but not all) also can still use the location features. My only guess is that disabling them sends some kind of "location services disabled" flag to the app to tell it to stop using location services but doesn't actually switch off the GPS!
    Selecting the hide location option in the find friends app still works fine however and blocks locations being shown.

Currently reinstalling B3 from fresh and not restoring a backup; shall report if that solves the issues.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Go to Settings/iCloud/ShareMyLocation and try turning that off.