Location Services icon always on?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by nburwell, Oct 14, 2011.

1. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I noticed this morning when I got to work that the location services icon has constantly been on. I did set a location based reminder for when I leave work today. Could that possibly have something to do with it? It doesn't appear to be affecting my battery performance.

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Yeah setting a location based reminder will leave it always on so it knows when you get there. Some people have been experiencing battery drain by using this feature unfortunately.

3. nburwell thread starter macrumors 68040

nburwell

That's what I thought. I appreciate the quick response.

4. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Yep - took me half a day yesterday to figure that out. With a location-based notification set, GPS is activated in almost every app (like safari, music, clock) regardless of that app's individual GPS settings. what a bummer.

5. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Oh geez, that sucks. Hmm, I'm not sure how I'd want to use those if that's the case.

6. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

If you go into settings & open the Location settings, it'll show what's currently active right now. :)

7. Type X macrumors regular

What apps are running on multitasting.
    Close each one and watch the location services icon to know which triggered it.

8. adztaylor macrumors 68000

No, the better way is to do what kirky29 suggested and go to settings > location services and the app with a purple icon next to it is the one that's currently using your location.