Location Services not working with watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shacky, Sep 22, 2015.

1. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

Since I loaded OS2 yesterday, the Weather Channel and Dark Sky give me messages that location services are not available. Even when I ask Siri if it's going to rain, she says she doesn't know where I am. Location services are enabled on my iPhone 6 running os9 and the services are enabled for each of those apps on my iPhone.

Maps seems to know where I am, though.

Can anyone help me out?

2. shacky thread starter macrumors regular

shacky

If anyone else has this problem, here is what worked for me. I un-paired the watch from the phone and then re-paired it. It seems a little scary like you might lose all your apps and settings, but it restored just fine and everything works now.

3. SRLMJ23, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Dark Sky is the only app that will not work for me. I can ask Siri is its going to rain and she answers and knows where I am. Maps gets my location just fine. It is just Dark Sky that will not work, I guess maybe I will uninstall Dark Sky and re-install? Seems silly to un-pair for just one app.

Edit: I simply uninstalled Dark Sky and then reinstalled and it is working fine. Have to love simple fixes!

:apple:

4. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

I had the same trouble last night, Dark Sky didn't know my location. What fixed it for me was to go to location services on my phone and say 'never' for dark sky,waited a bit until I thought the watch would get that setting, then toggled it back on to 'always'. It has to be always, not 'while using'

5. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Well it is good to know that there are a couple fixes. Yours is the easiest, mine is easy...just a little more time consuming. The OP who un-paired his :apple: Watch is something I would not do UNLESS I had tried everything else and those options did not work.

6. BryenXopher macrumors newbie

BryenXopher

I'm getting the same issue with Weather Channel, Transit, and occasionally Groupon, and Siri just plain doesn't work. I get "No Siri Connection Neither Apple Watch nor iPhone can access Siri." on the watch when I try. Maybe that's why I'm getting such good battery life after the update.. nothing works? LOL Oddly enough, Carrot Weather works just fine.

7. BryenXopher macrumors newbie

BryenXopher

Update: Re-pairing the watch seems to have worked. Everything but Transit worked the first time. I had to leave and go back in Transit for the "Unable to locate" screen to go away. Siri is back. Of course then I was missing the Twitter and eBay icons. The apps were there but the icons didn't show. Removing and reinstalling the apps fixed that. Glances are taking forever to start up but once they start they seem to update quickly afterwards. Meh.

8. gowanis macrumors 6502

Same problem for me with The Weather Channel.

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I really think it's a lack of a "last best location" data point on the watch. probably will be implemented soon if that's the case

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

When I have the Weather Channel App running on my iPhone it works on my Watch. However if it's not running I get the "Location Services not Available".

11. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Did you try one of the three fixes that were alluded to above? Read my post, #5.