Location Services Turn Back On

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by falterego, Mar 25, 2015.

1. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I'm running iOS 8.2 on the iPad Air 2, and my location services keep turning themselves back on. I can change the slider to the off position, and after either leaving the settings screen and returning, or just waiting a few seconds, the sliders will all be switched back to the on position.

This is killing my battery because the motion calibration & distance is running almost non stop, even when sitting on my desk for a few hours. Has anybody else seen this? I've tried restarting, force quitting every application, signing out -back into iCloud and nothing has fixed it. I haven't had a chance to do a full reinstall which will be my project for this weekend if I can't get it resolved by then.

2. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Never saw that before but you can turn off the motion calibration in system services. That's the one that seems to keep it running. But no one has really confirmed that the fact its running makes much difference with battery. I turn it off though as not needed and I hate seeing the location arrow on all the time :)

Also I would try a settings>reset>reset all settings before you do a restore. That may very well fix it and is pretty fast to do. Keeps everything intact other than wallpaper and wifi networks. (and settings of course have to go back through which is the whole point)

3. falterego thread starter macrumors 6502

falterego

I don't know why I didn't think to try that first. :eek: It fixed the problem. Now on to reset all my notification settings.