Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I keep trying to turn it on on the iPad Pro and the switch turns green but it will turn right back off. Anyone else having this issue?

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
A growing number of users have been reporting that Location Services on the device is spontaneously setting itself to Off sporadically after the latest Pangu jailbreak. Of course, the repercussion of that is that apps are no longer able to access location data from the device.

Thankfully, there is a fix.

Install "libLocation":

Step 1: Launch Cydia on the jailbroken device.

Step 2: Use the built-in search functionality in Cydia to search for the libLocation package.

Step 3: Install it! Worked for me and should work for you.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
A growing number of users have been reporting that Location Services on the device is spontaneously setting itself to Off sporadically after the latest Pangu jailbreak. Of course, the repercussion of that is that apps are no longer able to access location data from the device.

Thankfully, there is a fix.

Install "libLocation":

Step 1: Launch Cydia on the jailbroken device.

Step 2: Use the built-in search functionality in Cydia to search for the libLocation package.

Step 3: Install it! Worked for me and should work for you.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. What about sound after making a call, too? I've noticed after I make a call, ALL sounds a muted. The only way around it is a respring (which fails) and then Springboard crashes which makes me respring again.

Perfect! Worked like a charm!

Cycling Asia

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2016
I thought I would ask here as this is the 9.3.3 location issue thread ;)

I've jailbroken with the Chinese version via Safari (1 year cert) and in order for me to get location services working after a reboot (and re-jailbreak) I have to either install LibLocation if it is not installed, or uninstall it if it is installed.

Has anyone else had this and did they find a way to enable the location services without having to load or unload the LibLocation package every reboot?

I've also tried resetting my network settings to no avail.

Is there another fix out there?

Much appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.