Location Services

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by inssy2588, Jul 30, 2014.

1. inssy2588 macrumors member

When the screen is locked, it constantly is saying that location services are being used, however when I go into privacy>location services and look at the apps that are using location, none of them have been used recently. Any ideas?

2. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Anything under System Services showing as used it?

3. inssy2588 thread starter macrumors member

No, everything is gray, and hasn't been recently. I locked the phone, the icon on top came up and when I unlock, still nothing has been used recently according to system services and individual apps

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Mine does it and Passbook is using the location data. Not sure why yours are all greyed out.

5. NodheadSoftware macrumors newbie

NodheadSoftware

Is the device also getting hot? Do you have the impression that it really uses GPS or could it be that it's just pretending to do so?

6. Nolander07, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014

Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Location Services

My wife's iPhone 5 did that recently. The location icon was on all the time. Couldn't find anything in the settings to indicate any location usage. I did a hard reset and the icon went away.

7. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I have an app called dark sky. This in fact keeps the location icon on at all times but it only gets location using phone masts rather than actual gps therefore not sucking battery life. Bit annoying to see it as you're not quite sure if another app is actually using the gps but not too much of an issue!