Location spoofing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ilikemonkeys12, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ilikemonkeys12 macrumors newbie

Hi guys... I'm wondering if there's a hack that would allow me to spoof my geographical location. I'm a big fan of baseball and can never watch it on TV but now that MLB is streaming video to the iPhone I can watch it on that.

But of course it's never that easy. They will not stream video to your phone if you're in the local viewing area for TV since they don't want the TV stations to lose out on the advertising revenue.

So if I can get the iPhone to think I'm in Berlin or something like that then it will let me watch my games! Any thoughts? Am I nuts for asking if such a thing exists?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not nuts, many people would like to do the same :D
    I wish there was a way to trick the app.
    I heard it uses your location services to determine what games to show.

3. Ilikemonkeys12 thread starter macrumors newbie

So then that begs the question... Who are the powers that be that we need to harass and/ or bribe to make this happen?

4. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

What happens when you turn off location settings, would it let you chose your location manually?

5. reelbgpunk macrumors member

Location services

No it will not let you watch any games without your location services on and it finding you.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That really sucks.
    Hope they make a tricker app thru cydia for it.

7. reelbgpunk macrumors member

Yeah that would really help me. I was away from a TV Sunday and wanted to catch Marlins-Yanks and couldn't. Lame.