location tricker for MLB At bat 2010

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by senorian, Mar 2, 2010.

1. senorian macrumors regular

So I know there are a couple of different location tricking cydia apps out there. Which one works best?

2. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

The "Fake Location" app seemed to work for several people with the NBA app.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=836310

I am also interested in finding out what works best/easiest/cheapest for the upcoming MLB season. In the thread above, there is a post that mentions a youtube video and modifying a .deb file to fake the location.

3. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

Do you know what effect these workarounds have on other location-based apps? Is it a system-wide change or more app-specific?

UPDATE: According to FastangV6's thread link, it is app-specific.

4. Wera90 macrumors newbie

Hi)) I'm coming here for help. I wasn't aware of the NFL app...Are you referring to the Verizon one? And MLB at Bat is great.. Pretty much every sport has their own sport specific iPhone app, and Android doesn't. Like I'm a huge tennis fan and guess what, there's a USOPEN Tennis app....for iPHONE.
    I was just stating my personal experiences. Not at all trying to ruffle any feathers Thanks for the info! :)

5. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I use location faker with MLB at bat. Works great. I tell it I'm in Alaska so I don't have any blackouts