Location triggered reminders

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Uccle, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Uccle macrumors regular

Anyone have any luck getting Siri on the watch to set location based reminders?

Any luck actually receiving a location based reminder on the watch at all?

I can get Siri to set a location reminder on iPhone. I've enabled notifications for reminders in the apple watch app, but haven't been able to receive any alerts/notifications.

2. ru7hl355 macrumors regular

3. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

You got Siri (on the watch) to set a reminder that triggers at a specific location? If so, it's off to the Apple Store for me...this one is beyond my iq level.

4. entei5000 macrumors member

Remind me to ___________ when I arrive at _________________

5. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Exactly. This works using Siri on iphone but not on watch. But thanks for letting me know it is me and some setup I've done somewhere and not the watch itself since notifications will be key to my finding the watch really useful.

6. ElctrcJellyfish macrumors member

I made a location based reminder for Siri on my Watch and it showed up on my Watch.

Just make sure your notifications are set properly for Reminders and it should all be good.

7. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks to all! I still am having trouble but I'm relieved it should work. If I can't figure it out, I'm sure some genius will. :rolleyes:

8. ru7hl355 macrumors regular

This. Exactly how i got it to work.

9. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Well it is weird. When I dictate a location reminder on the watch Siri (no matter what location I give it) shows the reminder to be triggered when I am arriving (or leaving) home. I would just cancel those. But this time I went ahead and created the reminder and took a look at in on the iPhone. It showed not "home" as the watch did but the correct location. So, thanks! It is "working" ;)

10. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Earlier today I had a location based reminder trigger on my iPhone, but I did not get a notification on the watch.

Is anyone else having that issue. I'm going to test it again later.

11. shandyman Suspended

Did you have the iPhone unlocked? That's usually the reason why.

12. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

I checked it this afternoon. Everything is working great. I love notifications on my wrist.