Lock button ends calls in Beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MaxPayne79, Jun 19, 2014.

1. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

Any1 else notice that when you're not on the call screen while in a call, pressing the lock button will end the call? All I wanna do is turn off the display so the display doesn't drain additional battery while in a call. This only started in Beta 2. Very annoying. :(

2. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Why lock it? Even when not on the call screen... like... on the home screen or in another app, the proximity sensor still functions and still turns off the display... at least in iOS7, iOS6...etc. I should probably work the same way in iOS8 as well.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

This is probably in relation to talking using a headset or speakerphone or something similar where you aren't holding the phone next to your head.

4. nheilweil, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Tap the power button to blank the screen during a call. Press the power button to end the call. And yeah Beta 2 definitely messed that up and it's way to easy to accidentally hang up. Try just pressing the button very quickly which works.

5. MaxPayne79 thread starter macrumors regular

interesting. Appreciate this!

----------

you're right. Bluetooth.

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

I noticed the same thing. It's probably a bug. Prior to BETA 2, if you have a headset of any sort connected, you're in a call, when you press the power button it just locks the screen.

With BETA 2, what happens is if you're in a different app or on the Home screen, it actually ENDS the call, which was annoying the heck out of me yesterday.

So, my pro tip (for now): If you're using a headset (wired or wireless), and you want to lock the screen/phone while on a call, make sure to go back into the Phone app first, and then hit the power button. Then it will keep the call going.

7. krypto909 macrumors member

krypto909

Yes this has happened to me several times on iOS 8 b2

8. WilliamG macrumors 604