Lock Button rattles...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ludawg23, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I've never dropped my phone but when I shake it, I can hear a rattle which is coming from the "loose" lock button.

Does everyone else have a lock button that is solid and doesn't rattle?

Purchased from AT&T. Do I have to deal with them if I wanted a new phone?

Thanks.

2. tianh macrumors regular

my lock button is the same, i cant hear it when i shake it, but when i push my finger across my lock button it makes a squeeking noise

3. yankintx macrumors 6502

My lock button is slightly loose and id I shake it, I can barely hear something.

No biggie. Aint worth returning for something like this, especially since I have a full year to keep an eye on it.

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

It's not the lock, its the camera autofocus, normal, past iphone had this, and so do many blackberry's

5. ludawg23 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys, glad I'm not the only one.

My GF has a 3GS and she noticed it last night while playing with my phone.

The lock button on the 3GS is solid and doesn't rattle.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

My lock button is pretty solid. I only hear the clicking noise when it is depressed.

7. zacharace macrumors member

Same here. Much more springy and "responsive" than my old 3G's lock button, which slowly turned to mush...:rolleyes:

Have yet to experience OP's problem, though.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Thats because its not even the lock button thats rattling in the first place, its the camera

9. ludawg23 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's certainly my lock button. If I take my finger and wiggle the lock button, I can duplicate the sound it makes when I shake my phone.

10. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue. If i touch the lock button, I can move it from side to side. Not sure i'd complain about it though.

11. tianh macrumors regular

haha im bringing it in today. No reason why i should have the issue when my brother with his iphone has a perfectly solid in place lock button. Also I really wouldnt want to take the chance of it breaking off after my warranty period -__-

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I dont understand this since I can physically push the lock button to either side, left or right, and have it stay in place. Then shake the phone again and not hear anything wobble any longer. If I press the lock button again, the button becomes semi-loose again and I can shake and hear the button wobble.