Lock date and Time (find my phone/friends)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ballis, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Ballis macrumors 6502a

I use find my friends to monitor my daughter. She is only eight years old so Im a little concerned when she is out etc. Now for some reason she keeps messing up her phones date and time, which in turn stops "find my phone" or "find my friends" from working.

Is there any way to fix this. Like to lock down the date and time settings under restrictions for example? This is driving me crazy.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Is she intentionally going into the date/time and changing it herself? There is an option in location services for time zone but not sure if it will change the date/time back if she changes it.

3. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

4. Ballis thread starter macrumors 6502a

My 8 year old daughter has two iphones and twin simcards (iphone 4 and iphone 5).

She (i think unintentionally) keeps screwing up the iphone 4 date and time for some reason, and that screws up the find iphone features.

5. cynics macrumors G3

Lock date and Time (find my phone/friends)

Can't help with the problem but this is an interesting way to defeat FmF and find iPhone. Anyone confirm?

I was going to try FmF but you can't send an iMessage with the date/time incorrect. I don't have a computer or my iPad with me either.

Btw it's pretty tough to unintentionally change the date and time isn't it?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

I still don't quite follow how/why a time/date change would make Find My Friends/iPhone not functional.