Lock for Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mushrooshi, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

Um.

Ok, so um.

At my school, in classes, its pretty safe. If I bring my macbook, I would be able to attach my macbook to the desk (there are welded loops), and the worst that would happen is it getting broken, not stolen.

However, if I am traveling the hallways, my school is a bit... ghetto, and peoples stuff gets stolen frequently.

How do I make it so that my laptop can NOT get stolen out of my backpack, and my backpack can NOT be taken off of me without beating me up or something?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I suppose NOT bringing it to school is not an option.

3. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It sounds like you shouldn't bring your computer to school.

And please use the term "ghetto" sparingly.

5. Manderson macrumors newbie

You could just got a macbook lock.... loop it through your backback and from there through your beltloops... that way they would have to steal your pants too.

Seriously... I would mac sure it's visibly yours. password protect it so at least nobody could use it... maybe get LoJack. Dont make it visible when you don't have to....

But the best advice would be to leave it home... I'm guess you're in high school.... just dont bring it or get a ****** laptop to use to take notes on.

If you're in college I really doubt you would have to worry about that... most college thefts are due to leaving it unattended... but you could take it to your IT office and register it so if it gets stolen they can tell when that MAC Address logs back on to the network, assuming another student tries to use it.