Lock for Mail App?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by PapaMac, May 22, 2010.

1. PapaMac macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

Hoping you guys can help out or enlighten me. Is there an App that can lock the mail application so it can't be opened with a password or lock code? I have an ipad that is going to be shared and would like to keep my e-mail on the unit with out everyone being able to peruse.

Much Appreciated,

papamac

2. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I know there is Lockdown which will be able to achieve this, however it doesn't appear to be iPad compatible yet. Other than that I'm not sure of what else.

3. PapaMac thread starter macrumors newbie

lostfan916,

What is the lockdown feature and what device uses this?

Thanks in advance,

Papamac

4. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

It is an app in Cydia, you will need to jailbreak your iDevice in order to use it.

Lockdown allows you to add a pass-code to any app, that way anytime it opens it prompts for a code. But as of now I think it only works on iPhone/iPod as it hasn't been updated for the iPad.

5. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried lockdown? It kept crashing my iPad when I tried it so I was forced to remove it.

Also having problem with circuitous, kirikae, multiflow, and Overboard. This is despite circuitous claiming to be compatible with iPad. When I double click the home key, half the time circuitous goes into safe mode instead of showing the running programs.

6. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Someone suggested in another thread the following from Cydia:

mAdvLock

Maybe give it a shot? :)