Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlado

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
I'm looking for a tweak that will lock my photos and messages app

I'm using bitesms which locks messages but I'm trying to get rid of it since the app is so ugly

just tried AppLocker which works great except that photos are still accessable through photo edit apps like AfterLight ect

I don't want to have to lock all my photo editing apps so is there a tweak out there that can restrict access to photos from everywhere?

thanks in advance

clockworkorange

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Man... What is it with people trying to hide their photos, I mean they can't all be sexting or have indecent pictures of the misses can they?

Have these people not heard of private browsing mode?

To answer the question:
You can try Protect Photos, it's iOS 6 compatible, but haven't heard much about it

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Man... What is it with people trying to hide their photos, I mean they can't all be sexting or have indecent pictures of the misses can they?

Have these people not heard of private browsing mode?

To answer the question:
You can try Protect Photos, it's iOS 6 compatible, but haven't heard much about it

I block all my important cydia apps! Don't want anyone messing with them wrongfully when letting them use it, especially my little cousins (~10 years old)

Regardless of what tweak, it's not possible to lock it from everywhere. Plug a USB to it and you can access the photos on the computer :p

Based on the screenshots, protect photos seems to block accessing photos from other apps too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.