iPhone X Lock screen alerts

Maggiep67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Hi everyone.

I upgraded to an iPhone XS max over the weekend. Everything had been fine until today. For some reason, I am not seeing any notifications on the lock screen.

I’ve tested email messages and texts from the hubs. Shouldn’t messages make the phone turn on and do a sound notification when I receive one? This hasn’t been happening today.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Em.

Maggiep67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Apple support says that if you are wearing a watch and the phone is locked, the phone will not wake or alert, that it’s designed to go to the watch and not alert you on the phone. I swear I got both on this phone and my 6S plus.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Apple support says that if you are wearing a watch and the phone is locked, the phone will not wake or alert, that it’s designed to go to the watch and not alert you on the phone. I swear I got both on this phone and my 6S plus.
Hmmm that’s weird. You should still see notifications on your phone even tho you are wearing a watch.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
That is correct. Once you start using your phone it’ll come through the phone and not the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.