Lock screen app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jphilippon, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Jphilippon macrumors member

My screen lock button seems to be getting less and less functional, and I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could maybe have an app or something that simply locks it without having to press the button? ...or a fix to the button issue?

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Well I'm guessing it's probably out of warranty.

So here's what you can do, you could head over to ifixit.com and see if they have any guides which will allow you to open up your iPhone 3G and fiddle around with the buttons and find out what you need replaced (then you can order the parts off eBay or ifixit.com depending on the specificity of the item you need).

Alternatively, you could try to JB your phone, I'm pretty sure there is a JB app out there which will do what you want it to.

Luckily, since you have an iPhone 3G it is not overly difficult to JB no matter what iOS you're on.

As for your original question, I do not think that there is an App Store App which allow for the functionality you requested.

3. chembox macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak your iPhone, install SBSettings/Activator, and set hundreds of different types of commands to lock your screen (e.g. swipe left to right on status bar, etc).

4. Jphilippon thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!!

The only thing now is to figure out how to set gestures... I'm new to jailbreaking in general... any help?