Lock screen bug in 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mcfly88, Mar 24, 2014.

1. mcfly88, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

mcfly88 macrumors 6502

Since I think beta 3 or 4, I have had this bug appear a handful of times. I go to unlock my phone and the lock screen looks off (transparency doesn't looks normal, blur effect is gone) and touching the number buttons does nothing at all. I then hit the sleep button again and then I am not able to slide to unlock.. it will do nothing. The only way I way I can fix it is by restarting my phone. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this bug? Below is what the lock screen looks like when it happens. Have a 4S by the way.

what it looks like
    [​IMG]
    what it normally looks like
    [​IMG]

2. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, I've gotten it a few times during the 7.1 betas and now with the 7.1 final, and that's after a restore as new (without putting a backup up back on) before installing 7.1 final. Not sure what causes it, either it's a glitch of some sort or perhaps related to some sort of pattern of some notification coming in and some action happening at the same time, or something of that sort--it has only happened rarely so it's been hard to establish what might be behind it.

4. mcfly88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, it hasn't happened too often for me either. Last night was actually the first time on the final version of 7.1 that it has. I did a full restore and everything, nothing major.. was just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this. Glad to see I'm not alone.

5. kingdom23 macrumors regular

Has happened to me once since 7.1 update. I had to do a hard reset to clear it.

6. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

7. kingdom23 macrumors regular

Someone told me to reset the keyboard dictionary. I had the frozen lock screen again today, so will see if suggested fix works or not.

8. cablechris macrumors newbie

It has happened to me one time. Had to restart also.