Lock screen bug in 7.1

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Since I think beta 3 or 4, I have had this bug appear a handful of times. I go to unlock my phone and the lock screen looks off (transparency doesn't looks normal, blur effect is gone) and touching the number buttons does nothing at all. I then hit the sleep button again and then I am not able to slide to unlock.. it will do nothing. The only way I way I can fix it is by restarting my phone. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this bug? Below is what the lock screen looks like when it happens. Have a 4S by the way.

what it looks like

what it normally looks like

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yup, I've gotten it a few times during the 7.1 betas and now with the 7.1 final, and that's after a restore as new (without putting a backup up back on) before installing 7.1 final. Not sure what causes it, either it's a glitch of some sort or perhaps related to some sort of pattern of some notification coming in and some action happening at the same time, or something of that sort--it has only happened rarely so it's been hard to establish what might be behind it.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Yup, I've gotten it a few times during the 7.1 betas and now with the 7.1 final, and that's after a restore as new (without putting a backup up back on) before installing 7.1 final. Not sure what causes it, either it's a glitch of some sort or perhaps related to some sort of pattern of some notification coming in and some action happening at the same time, or something of that sort--it has only happened rarely so it's been hard to establish what might be behind it.
Yea, it hasn't happened too often for me either. Last night was actually the first time on the final version of 7.1 that it has. I did a full restore and everything, nothing major.. was just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this. Glad to see I'm not alone.

kingdom23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
Someone told me to reset the keyboard dictionary. I had the frozen lock screen again today, so will see if suggested fix works or not.