Lock Screen causing black screen - Having to power off Mac

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by netadmin, Oct 18, 2011.

1. netadmin macrumors newbie

Not sure this is a Lion issue or what but after locking the screen most of the time instead of being prompted for my password the screen goes black, when you click the mouse button you can then see the mouse and move it but still only on a black screen but you can't do anything except power it off then back on to completely restart it.

I was running Parallel's 6 but just upgraded to 7 and same issue so this sort of rules out Parallel's causing the problem.

Saw another post semi-related but not the exact same issue plus there weren't any responses.

2. Tbone999 macrumors member

Have this same issue but it happens every day while computer is running (I'm not logged out or in lock screen). Just come back to computer to se ethat display is black, mouse has power, won't wake, appears to be some kind of kernel panic.

When I restart it the machine recognizes it as a panic and offers to report to Apple (which I do). Never had this problem with any of the builds of OS X before.

This is a very serious problem.

3. ccape8 macrumors newbie

black lock screen

I'm having the same problem - usually from lock screen or sleep mode, I can just move the mouse and the screen awakens and password prompt appears; now, it will show password prompt for <5 seconds, after which it goes to black screen of death, unresponsive to keystrokes, mouse movements, even escape or eject key. If I shut the lid and reopen it, same thing. Only fix is to completely reboot. I'm running Lion, and it just started this ***** after the last update...APPLE, PLEASE FIX. :mad: