Lock screen grace period?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DJHonda84, May 2, 2010.

1. DJHonda84 macrumors member

In Windows, you can setup the screen saver to lock the desktop and require a password. By default, Windows offers a brief grace period, so that you are not required to provide a password as long as you move the mouse (or type on the keyboard) within five seconds of the screen saver kicking in.

I'd like to implement a similar grace period on my iPod touch and iPad. It's frusterating when sitting down with my device, and dealing with the lock screen when I'm in the middle of using it.

Sorry, didn't search. Not sure what keywords to use.

2. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Go into settings, go into "General", and set Auto-Lock to whatever time you desire. Quite simple.

3. DJHonda84 thread starter macrumors member

I don't think you understand my question. The auto-lock setting affects how much time without user input has to lapse before the screen shuts off and the device becomes locked. In other words; the screen shuts off and the device becomes locked simultaneously. I'm looking to stagger these times slightly, so that the device is not locked until a few seconds after the screen shuts off.

4. markojug macrumors regular

I don't think there is a setting for the lock screen auto-shutoff. What OGDaniel said the Auto-Lock was directed to when the iPod is unlocked.

5. FotoDirk macrumors member

On the iPOD touch they are different.

The "auto-lock" will put the device in a sleep-mode (screen off). You can set a time here.

The "Passcode-lock" is there to give a passcode and to set the time after which the code is asked again. So set this time at a higher setting then the "auto-lock" time.