Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

griffsterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Hey all, I am having a problem with my lock screen. It's a cool theme that I found, but as you can see in the 2nd picture, it makes it so that there are no buttons when a call comes in and my phone is locked. The buttons appear fine when I am using my phone or the lock screen is turned on, but if the phone is locked and the screen is off and someone calls me, I get no buttons.

Can anyone help me out? I have no idea how to fix this. Did some research and couldn't find much... thanks so much for any help.

Attachments

• iNaturr.PNG
    iNaturr.PNG
    851.7 KB · Views: 180
  • call_bug.PNG
    call_bug.PNG
    105.1 KB · Views: 723

griffsterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I guess this is related but is it possible to customize the incoming call screen? I would prefer it to look just like my lock screen except with the answer/decline buttons.

Edit: I guess if someone could point me to where the incoming call files are located I can just edit them myself in WinSCP. I'll keep browsing around but I haven't found them yet.

Last edited:

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I guess this is related but is it possible to customize the incoming call screen? I would prefer it to look just like my lock screen except with the answer/decline buttons.

Edit: I guess if someone could point me to where the incoming call files are located I can just edit them myself in WinSCP. I'll keep browsing around but I haven't found them yet.

i had a similar problem i had to restore to fix it, i have not seen a way to edit the incoming call screen yet

Centsy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
As a workaround, you can use CallController to set the Home Button to answer the call. Not sure what the cause of the issue that you're having is though.

griffsterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
i had a similar problem i had to restore to fix it, i have not seen a way to edit the incoming call screen yet

What exactly was your problem? As you can see from the first screen shot, my lock screen takes away the slide bar/buttons at the bottom of the screen, so I think it has to do with that.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
What exactly was your problem? As you can see from the first screen shot, my lock screen takes away the slide bar/buttons at the bottom of the screen, so I think it has to do with that.

i was having the problem when incoming calls i had no option to answer/decline, i was also having the problem when durning a call i didnt have the pad on the screen for typing extensions or dial prompts or flip the pad to see the speaker phone, mute etc it was just a vacant screen

griffsterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
i was having the problem when incoming calls i had no option to answer/decline, i was also having the problem when durning a call i didnt have the pad on the screen for typing extensions or dial prompts or flip the pad to see the speaker phone, mute etc it was just a vacant screen

Well, did you have any tweaks that might have caused it? Or was it just a general problem?

The weird thing is that I can answer calls just fine by tapping the bottom of the screen (which is how I unlock it from the lock screen). But I want the buttons back.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Well, did you have any tweaks that might have caused it? Or was it just a general problem?

The weird thing is that I can answer calls just fine by tapping the bottom of the screen (which is how I unlock it from the lock screen). But I want the buttons back.

i could never figure out what made mine start doing it, at the time i couldnt even recall installing anything new so i restored and it hasnt happened since and to this day i still cant remember anything i installed than that i dont have now

Centsy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011

Sounds like you have images replacing the buttons as a part of your lockscreen theme. Navigate to /Library/Themes/<your theme>/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/. Delete bottombarknobgreen.png and bottombarknobred.png and the @2x versions.

griffsterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Sounds like you have images replacing the buttons as a part of your lockscreen theme. Navigate to /Library/Themes/<your theme>/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/. Delete bottombarknobgreen.png and bottombarknobred.png and the @2x versions.

Wow, thanks! That worked! Here is a new image of my incoming call screen. Looks awesome, although the slide to answer bar isn't fully there, I'm just nitpicking now :p

Attachments

• incomingcalltest.PNG
    incomingcalltest.PNG
    325.3 KB · Views: 82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.