Lock Screen issue with iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elgrecomac, Mar 22, 2011.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Is anyone else having this problem with the iPad2:

1. I close the cover on the pad when I am not using it.
    2. After a few minutes when I try to use the pad again, I peel back the cover and the lock screen keypad appears...not the normal "to unlock, swipe here' version but the actual keypad where I enter my unlock code.
    3. I attempt to type in my unlock code but the pad will not accept my key strokes.
    4. The only way to resolve this is by pressing the home button and then the 'normal' lock screen appears with no keypad visible , I swipe the bottom of the screen and enter the lock code when the keypad appears and I can now enter my unlock code.

I have the pad set lock after 2 minutes.

This is repeatable.

Strange but true.

Anyone else experiencing this? IF so, any recommendations on how to fix this?
    :confused:

2. kaotic504 macrumors newbie

no, you're not the only one, i'm having this EXACT same issue. i believe it's the cover that may be causing the issue, b/c before I got the cover it was not doing this. i takes some input other than the touch screen to get it started. i typically hit the "mute" switch on and off and then i can type in my key. it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen frequently enough that it annoys me. i joined this forum hoping that there would be a fix for this issue. thanks

3. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I don't have mine set to lock, but when the smart cover is opened, I do NOT get the 'slide to unlock'.. its just the home screen. I think that was supposed to be the benefit of the smart cover, but maybe they didn't pay close attention to the code lock when they implemented this!

4. Bladedude12345 macrumors newbie

How to fix the lock screen glitch in iPad 2

Ok this happened to me once and it was because I had to many apps running not the case not dropping it, it was because I didn't quit the apps

Now I know what you are thinking "What? But I push the home button when I'm done" well no, you have to double click the home button and hold down on one of the apps and push the red button on all of them this won't delete the apps just quit because when you push the home button when your done they are still running but if your iPad is under warranty I thinkmthey will still fix it for you anyway drive down to the nearest apple store or computer genius because you can't fix it at home (unless you want every thing erased)

Hope this helped!

Also don't hold down apps on the home page and push the X button :)