lock screen loop (Jailbreak 1.1.2)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by California King, Dec 23, 2007.

1. California King macrumors 65816

What do I do? After updating to 1.1.2, it keeps looping on the lock screen. I can't do the last step of the 1.1.2 jailbreak

2. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

I restored it and it's still showing the loop icon and I can't touch anything.

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

This happened to me to. Boot your iPod into restore mode and do a restore. But when it asks you if you want to revert from a backup or whatever, don't do that, format it as a new iPod.

4. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I got it working, but still can't get a jailbroken 1.1.2. 2nd time I tried it, the ipod would work with 1.1.2, but when I was trying to do the .jar thing it would just say that it can't connect to my ipod..not really sure what's wrong, but I'm just going to leave it as 1.1.1. Didn't see any advantages with 1.1.2 anyways..was just bored.

5. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Did you eject the iPod from iTunes and close iTunes before running the .jar?

6. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

I closed iTunes, but didn't eject the iPod since it didn't say that anywhere in the tutorial on this forum..It's ok, I don't really want 1.1.2 anymore. Nothing worth having to re-sync everything if something goes wrong.

7. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
  8. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I read through it and it's pretty much the same guide on this forum, except they provide you with the firmwares. Also, it doesn't say anything about ejecting iPod; only close iTunes (which I did).

Still, I'm not going to update. They didn't change much at all.

9. dagored macrumors 65816

King,

Trust me. 1.1.2 is a bit quicker. Runs much smoother. If you ran 1.1.2 and then downgraded to 1.1.1, you would notice a difference. Apple tweaked the code. If you look at the size of the 1.1.2 update, it is too big to be a patch, it looks like a good portion was rewritten.

10. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    I agree with Dagored! It is quite a bit faster

11. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

I've been wondering whether its worth jailbreaking mine again after what happened last night. Pretty much what happened to yours except,my one was due to deleting too many apps off of installer in one go.

12. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

did you install oktoprep under 1.1.1 before updating?

13. modafroman macrumors member

I think you will find the screen loop bug is due to having the old version of mail, and if you remove it, or turn the autocheck option to manual, the loop won't happen.

14. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip