Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
What do I do? After updating to 1.1.2, it keeps looping on the lock screen. I can't do the last step of the 1.1.2 jailbreak

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
This happened to me to. Boot your iPod into restore mode and do a restore. But when it asks you if you want to revert from a backup or whatever, don't do that, format it as a new iPod.

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
This happened to me to. Boot your iPod into restore mode and do a restore. But when it asks you if you want to revert from a backup or whatever, don't do that, format it as a new iPod.

Thanks. I got it working, but still can't get a jailbroken 1.1.2. 2nd time I tried it, the ipod would work with 1.1.2, but when I was trying to do the .jar thing it would just say that it can't connect to my ipod..not really sure what's wrong, but I'm just going to leave it as 1.1.1. Didn't see any advantages with 1.1.2 anyways..was just bored.

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks. I got it working, but still can't get a jailbroken 1.1.2. 2nd time I tried it, the ipod would work with 1.1.2, but when I was trying to do the .jar thing it would just say that it can't connect to my ipod..not really sure what's wrong, but I'm just going to leave it as 1.1.1. Didn't see any advantages with 1.1.2 anyways..was just bored.

Did you eject the iPod from iTunes and close iTunes before running the .jar?

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Did you eject the iPod from iTunes and close iTunes before running the .jar?

I closed iTunes, but didn't eject the iPod since it didn't say that anywhere in the tutorial on this forum..It's ok, I don't really want 1.1.2 anymore. Nothing worth having to re-sync everything if something goes wrong.

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Thanks. I read through it and it's pretty much the same guide on this forum, except they provide you with the firmwares. Also, it doesn't say anything about ejecting iPod; only close iTunes (which I did).

Still, I'm not going to update. They didn't change much at all.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Thanks. I read through it and it's pretty much the same guide on this forum, except they provide you with the firmwares. Also, it doesn't say anything about ejecting iPod; only close iTunes (which I did).

Still, I'm not going to update. They didn't change much at all.

King,

Trust me. 1.1.2 is a bit quicker. Runs much smoother. If you ran 1.1.2 and then downgraded to 1.1.1, you would notice a difference. Apple tweaked the code. If you look at the size of the 1.1.2 update, it is too big to be a patch, it looks like a good portion was rewritten.

Draythor

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Exeter University, UK
I've been wondering whether its worth jailbreaking mine again after what happened last night. Pretty much what happened to yours except,my one was due to deleting too many apps off of installer in one go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.