Lock screen notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Driveshaft815, May 28, 2013.

1. Driveshaft815 macrumors newbie

The ONLY thing I hate about iOS and iPhone that I like better on Android is the way the notifications work. I like how you can see your notifications on the lock screen, just don't like that it shows the content of a text, or Facebook message, or a message on Kik, or whatever.

Is there any way to change this? I feel like I can't leave my phone out in the open when charging, otherwise people can see what I get when a new message comes in.

I'd rather have no notifications on the lock screen than keep things like they are now.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can change what shows for incoming text/iMessages the rest is limited really. Wait for iOS 7 it should offer a lot more.

3. hafr macrumors 68030

Just turn off "show on lock screen" and you're good.

4. codyst macrumors regular

codyst

Settings > Notifications > Messages > Show Preview - Off

5. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I like how on Android you can have anything on the lock screen apps, widgets, volume toggle, naked women... Etc....

6. 173080 macrumors 6502

I'd like this option as well.

In old versions of the Facebook app the notifications were "<name> has sent you a message.", which was appropriate. Even so it was too much information, because people looking at my lock screen could see the name of the person that messaged me, but I could live with it.

But having a preview of the message? No thanks.

7. Voch macrumors member

For the lock screen I'd like a simple icon of the application that wants my attention. For now I have lock screen notifications disabled.

8. sim0n macrumors member