Lock screen redundancy?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by protobiont, Sep 25, 2012.

1. protobiont macrumors 6502a

I've noticed that if you wake your phone shortly after receiving a notification (an email for example), the unlock slider will say "slide to read". You also have the option to slide the email icon in the notification to read the email, making the unlock to read redundant. This is especially annoying if you wake your phone to do something else, and have no choice but to open the email app (or whatever other app sent a notification) before you can do what you originally intended to do.

Granted, with the speed of the phone, this isn't a huge deal. However, it does seem like poor design, and it doesn't seem necessary. Is it possible, I've missed some setting that will fix this?

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I also find this annoying. However I have noticed that many users don't seem to know you can slide the icon on the notification. Perhaps because there is no clear indication that you can. (this in itself could be considered poor design)

3. Capex macrumors regular

When i need to get into another app in this situation i just quickly turn it off then on. It then changes to the familiar slide to unlock and yeah.