Lock screen status bar glitch?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Scott M, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Scott M macrumors regular

Scott M

Not sure if it's a glitch, or if it's what's meant to happen, or if it's just my phone doing it, or whatever, but:

When the screen is off, and I press the home button, if I watch the status bar as the screen lights up, it starts off dimmer/more transparent, and then gets brighter/less transparent, and towards the end of this animation, it sort of suddenly "pops" as in, gets brighter quite abruptly, right at the end.

Can anyone else replicate this? It is easiest to see on a lockscreen with a wallpaper that causes the status bar to be black, as opposed to white, such as the bright green one in the stock wallpapers. And the easiest part of the status bar to watch for this, is the battery icon.

Let me know if this is happening to yours or not. It may take a few attempts to see what I mean.

Mainly just wanting to see if it's a widespread thing, or if it's just my phone.

2. Scott M thread starter macrumors regular

Scott M

There is also a noticeable flicker/jolt into solid colour at the end of the animation when looking at the camera icon at the bottom.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can't say that I notice any of that (looking at the white version of the status bar and camera icon). I do have "reduce motion" enabled, so perhaps that might be related to it all somehow.

4. Scott M thread starter macrumors regular

Scott M

Nah, mine does it with reduce motion on as well.

5. Scott M thread starter macrumors regular

Scott M

Just popped to Tesco to check it out on the 5s and 5c they have on display. They both exhibited the exact same behavior, so I'm going to assume it's normal.

Running 7.0.4, by the way. The betas might have fixed this, which could explain why some people aren't seeing it? I don't know, but the 2 iPhones I saw in store did the exact same thing, so ..

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I think most people just don't pay that close of attention to it.