Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s1w

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
I only seem to be able to change the lock screen background and not the general wallpaper. I use different themes that change the wallpaper but even when not using a theme it seems like I can't change the wallpaper.

Any ideas?

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
You can't really change the wallpaper for the icons screen on a non jailbroken device. The only available change is the lock screen wallpaper.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I only seem to be able to change the lock screen background and not the general wallpaper
The lock screen IS what Apple calls the wallpaper. What you call the general screen is the home screen with icons, it has a background which is what you want to change. Well you can't yet unless you jailbrake your iPhone.

DPA

macrumors 65816
Well you can't yet unless you jailbrake your iPhone.

He is jailbroken if he is using themes. And the lockscreen has a wallpaper, the lockscreen is not the wallpaper. The lockscreen includes a wallpaper, time, date, and a slider.

You should be able to change the wallpaper even if you have a theme on. If you can't for some reason, follow this tutorial to setup Fugu with OpenSSH to change the wallpaper of the theme to the wallpaper you want. If you have any questions, then post here and someone else or I will post a response to the best of our ability.

David

s1w

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
wallpaper

When I change the wallpaper in "settings" it only changes the "lock screen" wallpaper, nothing else. It's just black unless I apply a theme.

I'd like to avoid ssh-ing into my phone and moving files etc. Is there another way to change the wallpaper under the icons and or instead of the lock screen?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.