Lock screen wallpaper problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by asskick3r, Jul 7, 2008.

1. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

I have customize 2.0, Summerboard, and Freeboard. And I want to use one of my own pictures as my lock screen wallpaper. But every time I try... it just has the one that I picked in customize. I tried going into summerboard and changing the theme to "Default" but nothing happens to the lock screen wallpaper. It just stays the same. Help please.

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

delete the lock screen.PNG file and you can set it to whatever you want

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you have photos on the touch then open one you want in the photos app, then click on the icon in the bottom left click on set as wallpaper (or something like that) then you can move and zoom the pic to how you wasnt it click set wallpaper and it will change the unlock screen wallpaper

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

that wont help him, here is a better decription of what i said

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

how? he wants to change the wallpaper, what I said was correct..... If you followed that little tip I think you will find the lock screen wallpaper will change, you dont need to delete any file on the touch it can all be done from the photos app.

As for customize..... I know that with the new version you can specify a lock screen wallpaper when creating a theme but customize pre version 2.0 does not change the lock screen wallpaper.

6. asskick3r thread starter macrumors regular

asskick3r

Thanks! It worked! Oh and sorry about not making sense in this thread or my other one. I was just a little confused.

7. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

is there any other way to do this with out ssh to delete the png file? I am having the same problem and choosing a photo as wallpaper does not work!

8. Ajiththan macrumors newbie

had the exact same problem, came on this forum to find a solution and i got it on modmyifone, and yes, this is the only way so far to fix it, it's pretty easy, just deleting a file on your touch.

9. jsimmons521 macrumors newbie

10. Claytybob macrumors member

Claytybob