Lock/Unlock Sound Different on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

the sound made when swiping to unlock and when pressing the lock button sounds a bit different than on prior models.

I thought it might have been a speaker issue but rings, videos and music all sound clear and loud.

The lock/unlock sound made on the 3G sounded a bit crisper and the iphone 4 almost has an echo.

Anyone else notice?

2. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

well I guess no one else has this problem which may mean that my sound effect file is broken or I'm hearing things. I wont know for sure until I get another iphone 4 near me.

For now I have turned those sounds off since all other sounds appear to be ok.

3. puggles macrumors regular

4. Legends20036 macrumors member

It has more of a whoosh sound too it or something like that, hard to describe.

5. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

6. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

exactly! more a whoosh. Well at least I'm not going totally nuts. VERY minor issue and i'm glad it is isnt a defective speaker issue since all other sounds are perfect.

phew. thank to all who replied.

7. stylin97 macrumors newbie

i get the same thing and its driving me nuts..
    i HIGHLY prefer the 3G/3GS unlock/lock sound over the iPhone 4

i wonder if its the actual speaker, or if they changed the sound file. would be interesting to find out. i dont know if im ever gonna get used to the new sound.

i really want to get to the bottom of what is causing this.

ive actually been comparing other sound qualities (ringtones/music/etc) and still havent come to a conclusion on which phone sounds better but im kinda leaning towards my 3GS to be honest